Alnico magnet material is made by alloying aluminum, nickel and cobalt with iron. Some grades also contain copper and/or titanium. The alloying process is casting or sintering. The process and the heat treatment needed to optimize magnetic properties produces hard (Rc45) and brittle parts that are best shaped or finished by abrasive grinding. Cast parts are generally under 70 pounds and may be used as-is, but polar surfaces are usually ground flat and parallel. Sintering is confined to high volume parts in sizes under one cubic inch and an effective press length to diameter ratio under four.
A guitar pickup's magnet or magnets provide(s) the power that enables it to do its thing by sensing the movement of the guitar's steel strings when you play.
Different types of guitar pickups use different numbers of magnets, usually one, two, or six, depending on their design. If just one or two magnets are used, they are usually found as bar magnets mounted beneath the pickup's coil, which charge steel pole pieces running through the coil.
Sometimes, though, the pole pieces are themselves magnets, which means one is required for each string, or two per string if it's a humbucker. On some occasions, though, a single bar magnet is used inside the coil itself, also doubling as a blade pole piece for all strings together.
Because every little variation in pickup construction makes a difference to its sound, the type and positioning of the magnets is significant.
Magnets of different compositions are also used in different pickup designs, and these play a big part in shaping these components' sounds, too. Following are the main types and their characteristics:
1. High powerful (Super Strong) permanent magnet
2. High quality & the lowest price
3. High working temperature
4. Good corrosion resistance
Permanent Bar Magnet for Firebird Mini Humbucker, Alnico Bar Magnet for Firebird Mini Humbucker Pickup, Mini Humbucker Pickups Fully Magnetized Alnico Bar Magnet
* Permanent Magnet Merial: AlNiCo 2/ Alnico 3/ Alnico 4 / Alnico 5 /Alnico 8
* Size: 2-3/32″ x 5/16″ x 1/8″(53.18mm x 7.98mm x 3.18mm) (approx)
* Polished: Polished or Unpolished (rough cast, sand cast)
* For humbucker and P90 pickups
* A2/A3/A4/A5/A8 - one end painted colour (customer choose blue/red/green/black -.) for easy identification
* Magnetizing Options: Not Magnetized or Magnetized
Why Choose Us
● 12 years experience in magnetic products;
Advanced facilities and Nattiness Production environment;
Six production lines, over 3000 tons output per year.
● R&D solutions and Sourcing ability;
High accuracy inspection equipment to measure the parameters of our products.
● Consistent&Quality supply chain;
Strict QC procedures through out the whole production run; ASTM, CE and ROHS standards meet.
● 7/24 full time service&on time delivery;
Professional Anti-magnetic packaging;
Totally safe for Air&Sea Shipping.
1. What is common dimension of your products?
Sizes,shapes,composition are all available to customized.
2. What information do I need to submit as I have a inquiry?
The following items are required:
a. Dimensions or blueprint with tolerances.
b. Composite grade or magnetism properties.
c. Magnetism direction.
d. Surface treatment (if necessary).
e. Quantity and delivery terms.
3. How long would feedback be?
As soon as we can,usually reply you in 24 hours.
4. What is the common price of your rare earth magnet?
According to cost of raw materials and manufacturing process,we constantly offer quality magnets with reasonable price.
5. Could I get samples?
Samples are available.
6. How long would sample and bulk order arrive at?
If materials in our stock, we can release them within 3 days. If materials not available in stock, production time for sample would be 5-10 days, 15-25 days for bulk order indeed.